Stage was all set for both the teams as both the teams trying to make it to the top four teams as both of the teams are lying in the bottom half of the table. Irony was that conditions and the players were both warmer than usual. Time was 1400 hours when the match began at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Chennai. Both the teams were all ready to give their all into match.

At the blow of whistle the home side from the very first started oppressing the guest and created some early chances from the very first minute. Uros Polijanec was forced out to sit on the sideline as he had picked up an injury against Mohun Bagan. Aleksander Rakic’s pass to the Chennai skipper created an adrenaline rush to both supporters and players as the chip from the skipper touched the woodwork and scoreline remained steady. At 18th minute Veniamin Shumeyko was awarded an yellow card for an bad foul. 36th minute brought in the first substitution of match as Shillong Lajong called Kynsailang Khongsit in place of Alen Deory. Shumeyko poor clearance gave an chance to the visitors as the ball landed to Saihou Jagne who in return passed the ball to Abdoulaye Koffi whose shot was stopped by the stopper. At the end of first half scoreline remained steady at 0-0 for Shillong and Chennai.

At 62nd minute Shillong made an another substitution and called in Shaiborlang Kharpan in place of their forward Abdoulaye Koffi. 6 minutes later Chennai City brought in their mid fielder Antony Beautin in place of Asif Kottayil. At 85th minute Chennai equalizes in terms of substitution and brought in Alexander Romario Jesuraj in place of Junior Joachim. In dying minutes Shillong Lajong went all out and wanted to do everything as they made their final substitution and brought in F Lalrohlua replaces Shaiborlang Kharpan. Refrees show the timer of 7 minutes which means 7 minutes more game time left. Game can be in anyone’s court as 7 minutes is more than enough to change the fate of game.

Peeep peeep peeep…. That’s it game is over. Hard fought battle ends in an goalless encounter. The players went all in but neither of them where able to find net at any moment.